Call for submission of symposium proposals for ESEB 2022
A defining feature of ESEB congresses is the "bottom-up"approach to determining the scientific content of each meeting. The vast majority of the scientific program is arranged in symposia topics that are suggested by ESEB members, and the symposium organisers then also play a major role in selecting the oral and poster presentations from the submitted abstracts. Symposia topics can be on any theme related to evolutionary biology: specific or broad, emerging or well established. A symposium normally consists of around 5-12 oral presentations, 1-2 of which are invited, with remaining abstracts in the theme being presented together in the poster sessions. Invited speakers typically have their congress registration covered (but not travel or accommodation), and have extended speaking time.
You will be asked to provide:
(1) The names and email addresses of the primary organiser (for all communication) and 1-2 co-organiser(s), who must be committed to attend the whole meeting.
(2) Optional - Links to the professional web pages of organisers and short biographies of organisers (maximum 150 words each biography).
(3) The proposed symposium title.
(4) A maximum 200 word explanation justifying why you feel your proposed topic warrants a symposium at the conference.
(5) The names of two potential invited speakers (please check beforehand whether they are indeed available). You can also submit titles of potential invited talks (optional).
Balance, in terms of gender, nationality and career stage of invited speakers and symposium organisers will be included as one criterion used by the scientific committee when selecting symposia, and successful symposium organisers are expected to do the same when selecting oral presentations. ESEB also supports diversity via conference attendance aid grants.
How to submit a symposium proposal
• Please submit your symposium proposal only via the online form that is accessible in the User zone
• Proposals sent by e-mail cannot be considered.
• Symposium proposal has to be submitted by a primary organiser of the symposium.
• A primary organiser of the symposium is considered to be a contact person.
• At least one of the organisers must be an ESEB member at the time of the "final date for presenters and symposia organisers to register". The organisers will be required to prove member status at a later time, upon registering for the congress.
The deadline for submission is November 21, 2021.
Proposals will be double-blind evaluated by the Scientific Committee, and the selected list will be communicated in December 2021.
Enquiries can be directed to email@example.com. We will be happy to assist you.